In-Home/School Behavioral Specialist Program Overview|
Behavior treatment requires a commitment from adults in terms of time and
willingness to make change. The initial behavioral treatment program
requires multiple sessions to achieve the desired results. This program is
ideal for a family with a specific concern (e.g. not sleeping, homework
resistance, toileting issues).
More complex presentations (e.g. extremely difficult behavior, not listening,
aggression) often require extended monitoring and adjustments to plans.
Once the specialist formalizes a Behavior Action Plan, on-going
sessions may be needed to support parents and teachers.
- The behavioral specialist first meets with parents for 60-90
minutes to discuss concerns and establish appropriate goals.
- The behavioral specialist visits your home or your child's school
to perform a two hour observation.
- The behavioral specialist creates and shares a preliminary Behavior
- The behavioral specialist meets with the family at home or the CDM
for two, or more, 60 minute sessions to train parents, and test the plan.
- The behaviorist formalizes a complete and tested Behavior Action
For more information about this unique, personalized program and how your family may benefit
from such guidance, please contact your CDM clinician at 408-358-1853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Developing Minds
ph: 408.358.1853 | fx: 408.358.1802 | 15951 Los Gatos Blvd. Ste. 6 | Los Gatos, CA 95032